This creamy chickpea bake is the comfort food in this winter season, with chickpeas, Meet Jackfruit balls, and your favorite roasted vegetables, in a creamy smoked sauce, made with melted Carotella (the smoked veggieese)! A full meal reach on vegetables and taste!
- Soak the chickpeas for about 8 hours in a large bowl with three times as much cold water
- Put chickpeas and water in a pan, add enough water if necessary to cover the chickpeas about 2 cm. Bring to the boil and let it cook for 5 minutes. Wrap the pan, wrap it in an old tea towel or towel, place it under a blanket and let it sit for 3 hours. This is the hay box method that saves a lot of energy. If it is not cooked yet, cook for a while.
Alternative to the 'haybox method': boil for 2 hours.
- Let cool and drain. Save the water, this so-called aquafaba is an egg substitute in for example pancakes.
- Clean and cut the veggies and put them in a baking tray, along with the to 1/3 clove chopped garlic, oil salt and peper. Mix well to combine. Roast at 170°C for around 40 minutes, stirring halfway, or until nicely roasted.
- Add the drained chickpeas and the jackfruit ball to the roasted veggies.
- Prepare the creamy smoked cheese sauce: In a saucepan bring the soy milk to boil, then add the carotella cheese coarsely chopped. Reduce the heat to a minimum and let the carotella melt, constantly whisking. It will take about 6-8 minutes.
- Put the sauce obtained on the chickpeas and return to the oven for a further 15 minutes and 185°C.
- Add some freshly chopped parsley just before serving.